Grant writing is essential to maintaining and operating a successful organization and is an important asset to anyone working in school districts and nonprofit and community agencies. Winning a grant takes more than an idea and a funding source. It takes an organization that is managed well, that understands its purpose, and that makes efficient use of its staff and board. A successful grant program requires the organization to identify its long- and short-term goals, the priorities of the proposed project, and the strengths and limitations of its staff and their procedures.
- Each participant will be able identify the most common types of grants.
- Each participant will learn the components of grant proposals.
- Each participant will learn organizational skills to complete the grant process.
- Each student will learn the applicability of the short grant proposal.
- Each participant will have at his or her disposal a glossary of grant-writing terms.
- Teacher: Zakiya Khalfani