This course will introduce students to tools for ethical reasoning and decision making in their work in community-based corrections. Particular attention will be paid to identifying values, recognizing ethical questions and dilemmas, and analyzing ethical issues.
- Define ethics, morality, and values
- Identify and acknowledge your personal moral values
- Consider professional codes of ethics
- Consider professional ethical questions and dilemmas
- Identify several theories and methods for analyzing ethical issues
- Practice ethical decision making through case analysis
- Teacher: Felicia Cohn, PH.D.