Good leaders are made, not born. If you have the desire and willpower, you can become an effective leader. Good leaders develop through a never-ending process of self-study, education, training, and experience. This course will help you through that process.
To inspire your workers into higher levels of teamwork, there are certain things you must be, know, and, do. These do not come naturally but are acquired through continual work and study. Good leaders are continually working and studying to improve their leadership skills.
In this course, you will learn what leadership is, identify leadership styles, and define your leadership attitude and vision. The second half of this course will explore the many competencies of great leaders. You will learn five competencies of leadership, based on 30 years of research.
- Explain why credibility is the foundation of leadership.
- Provide a behavioral example of credible leadership.
- Define leadership styles.
- Identify how attitudes dictate the work environment.
- Engage others in conversation about their visions.
- Show constituents how their long-term interests can be realized by enlisting others in a common vision.
- Teacher: Zakiya Khalfani