The mission of the National Juvenile Court Services
Association is to promote fair and efficient administration of justice and
support community safety by strengthening the competencies of juvenile justice
personnel through multidisciplinary training. These educational and management
development strategies create developmentally appropriate and culturally
responsive outcomes, as well as increased professional effectiveness by setting
standards of practice.
- Train and education personnel in matters of improving juvenile justice systems through court administration, management and service delivery techniques;
- Plan and coordinate education programs with the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges that are targeted at improving juvenile justice services and administration;
- Raise the level of professional competency in the juvenile justice system;
- Increase community understanding of the philosophy and activity of the juvenile justice system, and seek greater community support of treatment programs;
- Offer technical assistance to juvenile and family courts on a broad spectrum of juvenile justice issues.
The Correctional Management Institute of Texas - created in 1994, is Enhancing Corrections in adult and juvenile community and institutional corrections agencies by providing the following:
- Training Variety - a broad range of professional development programs and initiatives.
- Value, Quality and Relevance - high quality and relevant professional training.
- Assistance to the Field - technical assistance and direction.
- Field Research - research and program evaluation of interest practitioners and policymakers.
The University of Nevada, Reno - Justice Management Degree Program - As part of the School of Social Research and Justice Studies at the University of Nevada, Reno, the Justice Management program provides an academic foundation for those seeking education or advancement in the varied fields associated with the administration of justice. It is the only degree program of its kind and is organized jointly by the University of Nevada, Reno, The National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges and The National Judicial College .
American Probation and Parole Association - The American Probation and Parole Association is an international association composed of members from the United States, Canada and other countries actively involved with probation, parole and community-based corrections, in both adult and juvenile sectors. All levels of government including local, state/provincial, legislative, executive, judicial, and federal agencies are counted among its constituents. By taking the initiative, APPA has grown to become the voice for thousands of probation and parole practitioners including line staff, supervisors and administrators.